Thursday 12 November 2009

Why o why did I invite Matt Walker to my 40th!

In the beginning.............After much revellery courstesy of my wife organising a suprise 40th birthday party for me in May this year Matt Walker (who was then a good friend) remarked on leaving the party in the small hours that he and I would be entering the 2010, 125 mile Devizes to Westminster Canoe race (non stop).

Matt had been chatting most of the evening to another good friend, Simon Jeffs who had just completed the 2009 event with his friend and business partner Rob Gearing.

So in June 2009 we joined Reading Canoe Club (closer to Matt's house than mine).

Forgive the catch up reading, there have been some funny moments since we started, which I'll post, very few photgraphs on account of Matt never wanting to stop anywhere, some great support and encouragement from team at Reading Canoe Club and the odd yawn at home when I relay my data from the GPS heart rate monitor..............

THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF DOING THIS CRAZY RACE IS TO RAISE AN IMMENSE AMOUNT OF MONEY FOR THE HELP FOR HEROES CHARITY

No comments:

Post a Comment